Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Camera love

I stalk butterflies, and hummingbirds (with the camera). Gotta get those hummingbird photos fast because they're fattening up right now for the long flight south. They will be flying south in a week or two! Here are my very first photographs of hummingbirds and butterflies, taken over the past 3 days.

Pipevine Swallowtail.

Closeup of the Pipevine Swallowtail.

Painted Lady. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hummingbird in shadow. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hummingbird in light (a different hummingbird from the previous). Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hummingbird's wingspan. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6 comments:

Kate said...

Lucia, those pictures are amazing! And I have pipevine swallowtails too, I just didn't know that's what they were, Thanks! :-)

Lucia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lucia said...

Hi kate. I didn't know it was a pipevine swallowtail either until somebody who photographs a lot of butterflies educated me. He also told me what the Painted Lady was. It's so exciting to find out the names of these species, isn't it?!

Sand said...

Amazing pictures, incredible! I really need to buy a better camera or just learn how to take pictures period!

katiedid said...

You must be a really patient person, those are fantastic. I love that you got it so close up, the detail is so clear.

Trina said...

Your pictures are stunning! I'm sorry to hear that you're jobless again, but your free time is so very obviously being put to good use! I don't know what kind of camera you have, but your hummingbird shots are exquisitely clear! Please keep the pictures coming!